Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases from our website. Please read them carefully before placing an order.
The website www.handforged.co.uk is owned wholly by Hand Forged whose main office is situated at Walled Garden, Knill, Presteigne LD8 2PR.
- All purchases made through this site take place on a World Pay certified secure server.
- For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Data Privacy Officer, Hand Forged, 3 Walled Garden, Knill, Presteigne LD8 2PR.
- By using the websites owned by Hand Forged – www.handforged.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information we collect:
- If you purchase products from us, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting personal data about you.
- We do not normally collect sensitive personal data. In the event you provide us with any sensitive personal data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
Information we collect:
- Address (Business or Residential)
- Telephone Number (Landline or Mobile)
- Email Address
- Financial information (credit card type, number and expiry date)
Information we hold:
- Address (Business or Residential)
- Telephone Number (Landline or Mobile)
- Email Address
Where we get that information:
- We gain all data from any order placed through our websites and from all telephone orders placed.
- The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and in compliance with British law.
- A cookie is required to track any shopping basket items. Once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates, after which no information is held on the user’s computer relating to the order.
Who we share that information with:
- If you have placed an order with us through the website then your personal information is stored on our secure servers which is always encrypted. We do not store any details in reference to your bank or debit/credit cards.
- Any individual has the right to complain to the ICO (Information Commisoners Office) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data.
- You, as an idividual, have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or for us to inform you of the personal data we hold for you.
Visitors to our website:
- When someone visits www.handforged.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not knowingly allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
People who place orders through www.handforged.co.uk:
- People who place orders through our website will receive emails regarding their order automatically but e-newsletters and promotions must be signed up for or the ‘opt-in’ checkbox must be used. Users may wish not to receive such communications at the time of the order in which case the check box should be left blank.
- You will give us information about yourself by filling in a form on our website to aide us to process your order.
- We process personal information using the lawful basis of legitimate interest and for legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
Where processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and:
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how users interact with our website
- To inform you about our products and services via email communications, which we think will be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you opt out of these communications)
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Subscription to monthly emails:
- People who subscribe to our emails will receive regular e-newsletters and and any other promotions automatically, unless they have expressed their wish not to receive such communications.
- You will give us information about yourself by filling in a form on our website.
To unsubscribe from our communications:
- If a User wishes to stop receiving email communications from Hand Forged, they can do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails. Or they can email us at info@ handforged.co.uk.
- We use a third party provider, Mail Chimp, to send our regular e-newsletters and marketing emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails. For more information, please see Mail Chimp’s privacy notice.
People who contact us via social media:
- We do not use any third party providers to manage our social media interactions on any social media platforms as all interactions are ‘in-house’. If you post anything on our social media platforms then the general rules for that platform apply. If you send us a private or direct messages via social media the message will be stored by us in said platform and it will not be shared with any other organisations.
People who email us:
- We use Outlook as our email platform, which encrypts and protects email traffic for us. If your email service does not support encryption, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
- We also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Sharing of data with external parties:
- Hand Forged will never sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies. Hand Forged may provide aggregate statistics about our customers; traffic patterns and related site information to clients, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Storage of data:
- To comply with UK Data Protection legislation, Hand Forged follows procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
- Hand Forged follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure your data is held securely either by us or our appointed data processors.
- Our prices are set out on our website in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of United Kingdom-rated VAT.
- You are responsible for the disclosure and payment of any import duties or other taxes which apply in the country to which the products are delivered.
- Prices remain in force until we publish new prices on our website.
- Delivery charges may apply and are displayed during the order process.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, mistakes can sometimes occur.
- If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible and give you the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as being cancelled. If the order is cancelled, we will refund any money, which we have taken from you.
- We reserve the right to change our prices.
- All products are stocked to a high level.
- If products you order are not available we will notify you (where possible) and, if we have received the price and the delivery charges of the unavailable products, we will refund them to you within 30 days of your order unless you agree to a longer period.
Acceptance of your order:
- We must receive payment of the price of the products and the delivery charges before we can accept your order.
- We reserve the right to restrict the number of products you may order and to refuse any order.
- Once the payment has been recieved order cancellation will result in a 10% cancellation charge.
- If you have provided us with your email address you will receive an email from us confirming that we have received your order. This email is sent automatically and does not mean that we have accepted your order.
- We will notify acceptance of your order by sending an email to you stating that your order has been accepted and dispatched.
- Otherwise, our acceptance of your order takes place upon delivery of the products. Only when we have accepted your order is a binding contract created between us.
Returns Policy (Business to Business)
- All requests for returns must be made in writing (by post to the address below or by email to info@ handforged.co.uk) or by phone on 0845 459 8495 and a returns number will be allocated to the Buyer. Goods must be returned within 10 working days of receipt.
- The customer can be charged a 25% restocking charge if products are returned in an unsellable condition, parts are missing/damaged or none of the original packaging is present. If packing is not complete no credit will be given.
- The goods are returned at the customer’s own expense.
- You must provide us with the original invoice, despatch note or other proof of purchase.
- Orders must be checked upon receipt as we will not accept items back after 2 months from date of purchase under any circumstances.
Returns Policy (General)
- On cancellation of your order, for whatever reason, the Buyer must return the goods to the Seller at the Buyer’s cost. Where the goods are deemed to be faulty, incorrect delivery or because of unsuitable substitution by the Seller, the Seller will meet the costs of return and the Seller can nominate its own carrier.
- All requests for returns must be made to Hand Forged by contacting our Customer Services Team by telephone on 0845 459 8495 or via email to: email@example.com. A returns number will be allocated to the Buyer and returns note issued (usually via email) for inclusion in the retruning parcel. Goods must be returned within 10 working days of receipt
- Please note, following receipt and inspection, if the products are deemed ‘not suitable’ for your purpose the Buyer is under a legal duty not to use the products and to take care of them. The goods must be returned to the Seller in the condition they were received with the original undamaged packaging and paperwork.
- The Seller will refund the full amount of the order, including delivery costs, as soon as possible after receiving a cancellation notice and within 30 days at the latest.
- When goods are returned to the Seller in a condition which indicates that they have been used or attempted to be installed after the Buyer has had a reasonable chance to inspect them, the Seller will consider the Buyer to be in breach of their legal duty to take reasonable care of the goods and reserves the right to recover appropriate sums from the Buyer.
- If all the above criteria are met by the Buyer during the 30 day period there would be no administration costs or restocking charges applied to the Buyer.
- We will not accept items back after 2 months from date of purchase under any circumstances.
- To return a product under this Returns Policy please call our Customer Services Team on: 0845 459 8495
Limitation of Liability/Disclaimer
Any advice given on this site is meant for guidance purposes only and purchasers must be responsible for determining whether such information or advice applies to their particular circumstances. The information and advice contained in this website should not be relied upon as statements or representations of facts. No warranty is given as to the accuracy of any information given.
No liability will be accepted for products where they have been engraved by a third party.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
No Variation or Representation
Nothing said by our sales personnel shall amount to a variation of these Terms and Conditions or a representation about the nature or quality of our products.
Complaints and Liability
All complaints should be addressed to:
If products we deliver to you are not as ordered or are damaged, defective or of incorrect quantity you should contact us within 7 days of delivery. We will replace the incorrect, damaged or defective products or make good the shortfall in quantity or, at our option, credit the price and delivery charges of those products to you.
If you do not receive products ordered you should notify us within 28 days of the date of your order. We will deliver the products ordered or, at our option, credit the price and delivery charges of the non- delivered products to you, or if we have not accepted your order and have been unable to contact you, we will notify you of the reason for non-acceptance.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed to exclude or limit any rights you may have as a consumer to the extent that such liability and rights may not be excluded or limited under applicable statute or law.
Third Party Rights
We may transfer our rights under the contract, but otherwise nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall give any person who is not a party to the contract any benefit or any right to enforce any of the terms of the contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your order and the formation of the contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with British law.
Nothing in this Returns Policy affects any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Copyright 2003-2018 Hand Forged:
All rights, including copyright, trade marks, names and logos, used in relation to this website are owned by or controlled for these purposes by us. Nothing in this Agreement confers on you any licence or right under any of our trade marks, names or logos or those of any third party.
We reserve the right to issue legal proceedings against any companies or persons who copy any text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, trademarks or any part of this website. The content of this website is and remains the property of Hand Forged.